Monday, September 19, 2011

NEW TREND: MATTE LIQUID LIPSTICKS

Hello everybody, this is my first blog post :-)

I saw Lisa Eldridge use a newly launched creamy matte lipstick in one of her make up tutorials on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/user/lisaeldridgedotcom#p/u/5/J4wJeJIWs58), so I decided to give this new texture a try.

The products I got are Kiko Ultra Light Mat Lipstick in shades 03, the timeless blue based cherry red, 04, a burgundy red, and 05, a very sophisticated dusty mauve, and Collection 2000 Cream Puff in shade Cotton Candy, an intense pink.






The Kiko lipsticks (5 ml / 0,16 oz. – 7,50€, not sure about the UK price) have an extremely intense pigmentation but are also very dry. When I wear them, I have to dab some lipbalm on top of them from time to time to keep my lips feeling soft, which will not affect the colour intensity anyway. Once you apply them, they will not go anywhere unless you rub them off with an oil based make up remover!

The Collection 2000 Cream Puff (5 ml - £2,99) is more creamy. I would not call it exactly moisturizing like the packaging says, but it does feel velvety.  It will easily go away with just water.
I heard that NYX has creamy matte lipsticks very similar to the Collection 2000 ones, but I have not tried them.

I realized that only matte lip colours that are the same colour as or darker than my natural lips look good on me.
With shinier and glossier textures, I can wear a much wider range of colours, from beigy nudes and light pinks to burgundy and dark plum. But matte peachy nudes or matte baby pinks only make me look like the corpse bride...without the bride part!!

Has anybody else noticed the same effect on themselves or does anybody have some advice on how to pull off very light matte lip colours?

Thank you for taking the time to read and welcome me into the blog world :-)

Love
MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for writing me, I will get back to you asap :-*